Aprilaire Model 1700 Dehumidifier
The First Easy Way To Dehumidify Your Entire Home
You’ve heard it a million times before – it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity. Excess humidity can have a big impact on your home’s comfort.
- Wipe out that clammy feeling.
- Get rid of indoor stickiness.
- Say goodbye to musty odors.
Today’s energy-efficient homes need more humidity control.
More efficient air-conditioning, better vapor barriers, better insulation – all these advances can result in excess moisture in your home. And when you try to use your air conditioner to remove this excess moisture, you’re really only making your indoor environment uncomfortably cold. Today, the best answer is the Aprilaire whole home dehumidifier.
Revolutionary whole-home dehumidification technology from Aprilaire.
The Aprilaire Model 1700 Whole-Home Dehumidifier removes just the right amount of moisture for ultimate comfort and peace of mind. And it works throughout your entire home, not just in one room like noisy, messy portable dehumidifiers. In addition, the Model 1700 lets you dehumidify a separate area of your home where there is more humidity buildup – like your basement or crawlspace – even when your heating/air-conditioning isn’t running.
Superior performance and reliability with considerably less maintenance:
- Total comfort – the Model 1700 automatically senses moisture levels and maintains optimum humidity levels in your home, running only when needed.
- Better control of molds, mildews and dust mites – too much humidity creates an excellent breeding ground for hundreds of types of molds, mildews and other home invaders. The Model 1700 helps control these causes of family allergies and home structure deterioration.
- Higher capacity and efficiency – the Model 1700 has three times the moisture removing capacity and offers 50% more water removal per kilowatt hour than even the best portable dehumidifiers.
- Low maintenance – the Model 1700 automatically manages moisture based on your changing conditions. No need to constantly adjust settings or empty tanks.
- Automatic switching – the Model 1700 can switch between whole-home and localized (basement/crawl space) dehumidification automatically.
- Localized Control – with the Living Space Control, you can override the Model 1700 main control sensors, permitting you to manually monitor and control moisture levels in a specific location (e.g. master bedroom).
- Improved ventilation – optional, built-in ventilation and fan cycling delivers fresh outside air when your home needs it most, improving indoor air quality.